One of the people I follow via twitter; Adam Dovico posted this blog posting http://bit.ly/ on his 18 Bucket List items for 2018! I thought this was awesome, so jumping on Adam’s bandwagon here is my 18 2018 Bucket List Items in no particular order!
- Use Flipgrid more and more at home on my own and with my students.
- Utilize Utube to show and share more of my thoughts and innovations with others.
- Ditch That Worksheet (yes Adam used it too) but working in a new division these are my quick and easy go to items; I want to get far away from these in 2018!
- Utilize my training in the Emergency Field with the Fire Fighters more often and more efficiently! Piggy backing slightly on this amp my training up more and more to be thoroughly prepared for anything and everything!
- Learn Swahili; as I am going to Africa with Write to Give; Amy and Carey to visit some amazing schools being built and I want to interact with the students as best as I can and learning Swahili will allow me to really show the kids I am eager to learn and work with them now and in the future!
- Hit the home gym 3-4 times a week. I find the weights elevate stress, allow me to be physically and mentally more capable and able to respond to anything and everything!
- OneNote….rock it even more! Use my Archer’s Super Notebook and my Classroom Notebook more and more with the students and parents to document, share and learning together in collaborative means and measures! Maybe even a little Write to Give OneNote Binder for my team this year!
- Mentor more; this is something that got away a little near the end of 2017. I love mentoring and working with others to reach their full potential; via Indispire, NTIP, Student Teaching, Teacher Candidates etc….
- Change the Culture of phone calls home; celebrate the positives and less the negatives. Parents need to hear and enjoy what I see more often!
- Work more within the Microsoft Educator Network; develop Skype Lessons on Canada, Ontario and even my home town of Port Dover, Ontario for the world and provide Skype Lessons and Field Trips for others!
- I missed out this year on being a Skype Master Teacher; this year I will not miss out! I will get on as a Skype Master Teacher! Big Goal this year!
- Using my new designation of Global Minecraft Mentor and learn and share how Minecraft can be used in Game Base Manner for Mathematics and so much more within the classroom.
- Explore Minecraft more myself, especially the Edu Version!
- Get my students to explore and venturing into the world of Skype with Skype Club
- Create and implement a Coding Club using Micro:bits, Scratch and so much more!
- Continue my personal professional learning reading more Dave Burgess Published books; Launch, Ditch That Homework, Explore Like a Pirate etc….
- Continue sharing my story via twitter and blog more often!
- Infuse myself into my new school by taking more risks and attempting new things to help my new school venture deeper into the 21st century in learning!
There they are….I know I will think of so many more, but off the top of my head these would be the first 18 to tackle first!
What are your 2018 Bucket List Items?!?!
Looking forward to reading them!